The 2018 campaign also resulted in a spend of (approximately) £812,000,000. Want a piece of the pie?
This year Small Business Saturday is on the 7th December. So what’s next?
If you haven’t already done it, get yourself registered on the small business finder. You can then be found and promoted before, during and after Small Business Saturday.
Next, think about your #SmallBizSatUK offer. How can you stand out and capture the attention of your prospects?
- Promoting discounts is a great way to attract interest and convert prospects to customers.
- Sponsoring local events is the easiest way to involve yourself in your local community and should generate lots of positive social activity which will benefit all concerned.
- Tell a story. Your own! People get on board with this campaign because they want to support small business with all their little quirks. Tell them about you, why you’re in business, what makes you tick and why you LOVE your customers. Give them a reason to want to do business with you.
- It’s also a good strategy to countdown to the event on social media. Create a conversation by informing your followers about what you are doing to mark the event and ask them what they are doing themselves!
- Download your marketing pack from ‘My Small Business‘ and create your promotional social media posts using the logos provided. Don’t forget the hashtag whatever you do!
And, don’t forget to tweet me about what you’re up to. I love hearing about the different ways people promote their business!
Hey, I’m glad you’ve landed!
We’re here to help you be more sociable and grow your business online. We do that by keeping Social Media simple (and spotty!) and staying focused on the solution you provide.
Our work is completely focused on the wants and needs of your customers. We will help you to convey that you have the solution they’re looking for, by using clear, proactive and consistent messages.
How do we know we’re doing it right? By measuring. We simply do more of what works and stop doing what doesn’t. This means that your social media strategy will evolve as we learn more about preferences and effectiveness.
Being proactive about knowing exactly who you’re talking to and focusing on gaining their trust is smart social. Don’t be your industry’s best-kept secret because no one can hear you. Get out there, be social, get spotted! Your competitors already are.
Simple and hassle-free wins the day when it comes to your offering.
We need to make it a no-brainer for your prospects. Showcasing that via Social Media will keep you front of mind come decision time.
All of this takes dedication, strategic thinking, time and patience. Which is where we come in. As a business owner, you simply can’t do it all so it makes great sense to collaborate with someone whose sole focus is getting you great results by doing social media right!
What’s the point of attaching a GIF anyway?
Well in our humble, they improve engagement by making people smile. That, in fact, is a good enough reason to attach a GIF to your posts where possible if you consider why we’re all here in the digital realm and what we’re trying to accomplish; connections.
If you make someone smile, you’re evoking an emotion. And that’s memorable for them. They might even follow you as a result – who doesn’t need a little humour in their lives? Heard of the singing dentist? Google him, you’ll see what we mean.
You might even realise that you already have footage that could be converted into GIFS that are personal to your brand. Even better! We tweeted about an article by Hootsuite that gives you the low-down on creating your own GIF’s. It also discusses whether it’s pronounced GIF (Gif us a clue!) or JIF (please!). What do you say? Not squeezing you for an answer or anything…
Together we’re going to make some changes to any ideas you already have about sales and marketing.
- Despite the huge clue in the title, it’s staggering how many people are STILL missing the fact that you simply MUST be sociable if you want to be successful on Social Media.
- Nobody likes to be sold to anymore. Did they ever? Really? The internet means everyone is as clued up as Columbo (giving my age away there). They’ve already got access to all the information they need, to make a decision about ANY purchase.
- So, an obvious sales message is likely to annoy and repel your audience. Remember, your social platforms are your shop window(s). But you do not want to be the shop with the annoying salespeople bugging the customers and literally driving them next door!
- Instead, we are going to work out how to evoke an emotional urge to deal with you. Remember;
- We do this by presenting your target audience with the solutions to their problems. Some they’re actively looking for, some you’ll be educating them on. Because you’re standing in their shoes. Preferably one step ahead, already navigating their world. That’s why whenever and wherever they come into contact with you online, what you have to say resonates.
- And if we’re doing our job properly and using great strategies that help your customers perceive your offering as helping them reach their goals in life, they’ll automatically become your agents.
- Because people share their opinions,
- especially on Social Media.
- See? Clue in the title!
I partner with my clients on a long-term retainer basis, managing social media accounts on a day to day basis and running promotional and seasonal campaigns as part of an annual strategy that adapts as we learn more about the audience we are talking to.
This works by putting a written strategy in place and using a content calendar designed to appeal specifically to your target audience which is researched, profiled and revisited often.
You may be surprised by how much of your existing content I can repurpose to use initially. This can work well for busy clients during the early stages of working together, while we’re pulling together all of the relevant information that will form your ongoing strategy.
Retainer fee’s start at £145.00 for Five Hours and £290.00 for Ten Hours
Unscheduled requirements are charged retrospectively at £35.00 Per Hour
Social Media is best kept simple. The easiest way to do that is to keep your focus clearly on your prospective customers. Help them to discover the perfect solution to their problem using clear, proactive and consistent messages. How do you know you’re doing this effectively? By measuring. Do more of what works and stop doing what doesn’t.
Be proactive about knowing exactly who you’re talking to and focus on gaining their trust and building engagement with them. Don’t be your industry’s best-kept secret simply because no one can hear you. Get out there, be social, get spotted! Oh and please, please don’t make the mistake of just copying your competitors.
Simple and hassle-free wins the day when it comes to your offering.
You need to make it a no-brainer for your prospects. Showcasing that via Social Media will keep you front of mind come decision time and this takes dedication, strategic thinking, time and patience.
And, that’s where we come in. As a business owner you simply can’t do it all so it makes great sense to collaborate with people who focus on social media and getting great results for businesses by using it properly!